Who we are
Soll Leisure is a charity leisure management company operating sites in Oxfordshire and Kent. Our mission is "Helping you get fitter, healthier and happier", and we are a not-for-profit organisation with a purpose to provide leisure opportunities for the communities that we serve, with all surpluses re-invested into the service and community. We pride ourselves on being a community-focused company that supports local communities to improve their health and wellbeing.
Soll Leisure understands the benefit of linking sport and recreation with our facility management, to provide health benefits through physical activity for the local communities.
Soll Leisure provides access to leisure services and community projects that remove barriers and enable all participants to take part in sport and physical activity regardless of age, income or background. Our Community Development team support local inactive groups to benefit from physical activity and make positive changes to their lifestyle.
- To provide or assist in the provision of facilities and services for recreational, sporting or other leisure time activities in the interest of the public at large and for social welfare.
- Grow participation to financially support the business and target disadvantaged groups.
- Encourage healthy and active lifestyles.
- To reduce the impact on the environment.
- Provide or assist in the provision and management of a wide range of facilities from art, culture and heritage to parks and open spaces.
Soll's vision is 'Helping you get fitter, healthier and happier' and is doing this by being a fun and innovative company that is affordable, accessible and profitable.
- We care - We listen to everyone. We treat everyone with respect. We are sincere and honest in all that we do. There is a difference between doing things right and doing the right thing!
- Personal - Customer Experience is what matters to us most. We strive to make each visit positive and individual to everyone.
- Fun - Providing positive environments through quality facilities for everyone. Our fabulous team make fitness fun, varied and part of everyday life. We want everyone to leave with a smile.
- Belief - We have the passion, energy and enthusiasm to make a difference and we take pride in what we do.
- Ambition - We will grow by challenging ourselves in different ways, building partnerships and by being forward thinking.
- Stronger Together - We promote teamwork and partnerships, bringing together skills to achieve our mission. We encourage creative thinking to proactively make a difference. We acknowledge challenges and recognise success.
What we've achieved...
- Supported millions of people to take part in health & fitness activities over the past 3 years.
- Our Active Pass Scheme supports local disadvantaged groups to be active, creating over 10,000 visits a year from inactive groups.
- We receive over 10K a year in funding for local inactive groups to take part in sports and physical activities at our sites.
- We work hard on energy management, saving 10% (105,669kgCO2) on utilities over the last 2 years.
- Helped over 500 people with long term medical conditions to begin and sustain an active lifestyle.
- Setup schemes for adults receiving means tested benefit to be active, with over 2000 visits a year.
- Deliver activities for disability groups to benefit from sport and physical activity, with over 5000 visits a year.
- Received over 3000 visits a year from over 60’s in activities such as Badminton, Walking Football, Pickleball and Exercise Classes.
- We support 32 national sports people to reach full potential in their sports though our Active Star scheme.
- Provided over 300 subsidised memberships for local military, NHS and emergency services.
- Grown our swim school and are now teaching over 300 children a week to swim.
- Delivered projects for adults with mental health difficulties to begin and sustain participation in physical activity to improve their physical and mental health.
- Launched targeted exercise & diet courses for local residents to lead healthier lifestyles.
- Fund raising in the community for local charities including Macmillan coffee morning, Sport Relief and Cancer Research.
- Invested over £518,000 into improving our facilities over the past 3 years.
Local Authority & Landlords
South & Vale District Council
Ashford Borough Council
MEPC - Colliers International
Lidl UK Assets
County Sport Partnerships & Trusts
Hampshire & IOW Sport
NHS / Community Health
Local Health Centres
National Governing Bodies
Amateur Swimming Association - Badminton England
The Football Association
Sport & Leisure Partners / Charites
A Better Medway
Kent Community Health
Register for Exercise Professionals
Age Uk / Generation Games
Home Farm Trust
DAMASCUS Youth Project
Our Partners & Projects
Our partnership work has allowed us to deliver a variety of projects to support local communities. Together with our partners we aim to support people to overcome barriers and enjoy a healthy, active lifestyle. Some examples of successful projects are detailed below:
- Style Acre support adults with learning disabilities in Oxfordshire. Our partnership work has enabled the Style Acre participants to take part in virtual cycling, Badminton, Rebound Therapy and Karate sessions. Together we have provided fun and sociable sessions allowing the participants to enjoy the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. We have supported many adults with learning disabilities to take part in sport and fitness but most importantly having fun while doing so.
- Age UK Oxfordshire is a great charity that supports people through later life with issues such as money, healthcare and well-being. We are continuously working with Age Uk, and their Generation Games programme to support over 60’s to access physical activity in a fun and sociable environment. To date we have provided Badminton, Senior Circuits, Short Tennis, Walking Football, Bowls and Curling for people to try, and they have been a huge success.
- Kent Sport and Physical Activity is the County Sport Partnership for Kent. The Kent Sport and Physical Activity Service (Kent Sport) aims to boost participation in sport and physical activity, in order to improve the health and wellbeing of Kent residents. We work closely with Kent Sport to run our Active Star scheme as well as funding opportunities to help get disadvantaged groups active.
- Kent Community Health are a team of NHS professionals with a wide range of backgrounds in public health nursing, health promotion, dietetics, psychological support, exercise support and social marketing.. They are committed to reducing preventable diseases and promoting good health. We are working with Kent Community Health to deliver our Exercise on Referral scheme, as well as continuously looking to deliver new projects to improve the health of local residents.
Active Oxfordshire is the County Sport Partnership (CSP) for Oxfordshire. Their focus is to work with partners and stakeholders to add value and increase participation in sport and physical activity for Oxfordshire. We have worked with Active Oxfordshire on projects that target a number of disadvantaged groups such as, a Visual Impairment Sports Taster Day, supporting the Active Body, Healthy Mind project for mental health sufferers and finally through our Exercise on Referral schemes.
- A Better Medway / Medway Council work to provide the Medway community access to support and information about health & well-being. Help is available to get people more active, healthy eating, mental health, smoking cessation and sexual health. Currently we have supported A Better Medway through our Exercise on Referral scheme and ‘Let’s talk weight’ courses.
- Aspire Oxford is a social enterprise with a charitable status, we work closely with their 'Active Body, Healthy Mind' programme, supporting disadantaged adults to improve mental wellbeing through sport and exercise.
- The Abingdon Damascus Youth Project prides itself on enabling young people to make a positive difference within their own communities. We support young people through sport & leisure for positive behavioural change by offering concessionary booking hire to take part in sports, gym and exercise classes.