Time is getting closer for us re-opening (maybe July at the best, fingers crossed) all unknown for everyone and very much a waiting game.
At Park Club, we have been busy preparing for post Covid 19 and of upmost making sure we can open safely for members and the team. We are fortunate in most sites to have a lot of open spaces, of which we will need to utilise to ensure adequate distancing is in place.
We are still working closely with UK Active and will be following guidance from the Government and Public Health England.
We have/are doing the following;
- Gym equipment repositioned where possible, some items taken out of action to allow for adequate distancing.
- Studio classes being reviewed to allow for adequate space (2m distance maintained). Floor markings added where possible.
- Studio classes will have at least 15 minutes gap between them to allow for cleaning and to stop a busy handover period.
- A time slot booking system will/could be introduced to control member numbers in the gym at any one time, with cleaning slots between each booking.
- Perspex screens erected where necessary to allow safety for teams at reception.
- Bag storage in some sites will be limited to allow for distancing.
- Cleaning schedules will be increased and a full clean will be taken before open.
- All members will be asked to bring their own towels/mats (we can provide ones to purchase if required).
- Extra sanitizer points positioned throughout the facilities, for you to ensure workout kit is cleaned after each use.
As we will be reviewing all studio classes, it is a perfect time to revamp our timetable and time to have your say and let us know anything you would like to see.
We are working with our Personal Trainers to ensure they can continue giving you expert training sessions safely.
We are sure there will be more as the government releases further detailed guidelines and we will endeavour to keep you updated.
Anything you would like to see please let us know.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you all back and want to ensure you are all kept exercising safely
The Park Club Team